Community Youth Worker needed in Yeovil
About the job
Prospero Health and Social Care are looking for a Community Youth Worker in Yeovil to start asap. Our client is a progressive and caring company that does not only support their clients but also look after their staff.
This position is a full time and permanent role.
Well organised company with an excellent reputation.
About the Company and contract:
- Professional and well organised company with opportunities to progress.
- Training provided.
- To take part in an on call on a rota basis, some sleep ins and weekend shifts required.
- Permanent / full time.
About the role as a Community Youth Worker:
- Working with Young People aged 16 plus and support them in the transition into independence and adulthood.
- Supporting Young People with Independent Living skills such as cooking, budgeting, health and managing accommodation.
- To engage a Young Person and achieve positive outcomes.
- Keep important records up to date such as; phone calls, reports and meetings with Young People.
- Good rate of pay and sleep ins are paid extra.
About the ideal Community Youth Worker:
- Resilient and caring/emphatic and focused on achieving a high level of person centered service.
- To a have a current driving licence and have access to a car as the role is community based and not at one place.
- Relevant NVQ qualifications desirable but not essential.
- Experience in working with clients with Mental Health and Learning Difficulties.
If you have a background of working with Learning Disabilities/Mental Health and looking for a Career working with an established organisation, please get in touch with Rosie or Lily on 01174280066. We look forward to hearing from you!