Relief Support Worker – Deaf / hard of hearing clients with complex needs
About the job
Prospero Health and Social Care are looking for a Relief Support Worker. You will work with people living in their own homes who are deaf with additional needs, you will assist them to achieve positive and meaningful outcomes of their choices.
About the Company
- The client offer a wide range of high quality residential and community services providing specialist care and support for deaf and hard of hearing people with additional needs across the UK.
- Everyone who uses their services has the right to: communicate in their chosen way – be valued and respected as individuals, recognizing that everyone is different and offering equal opportunities.
About the role as a Relief Support Worker
- Delivering a person centred service for the people that use our services.
- To work with staff team to enhance, develop and maintain the potential of the people using our services.
- Supporting Deaf adults with complex needs including Learning disabilities, Physical disabilities, Autistic Spectrum, Communication and Mental Health support needs.
- Supporting people with their intellectual and social development according to each person’s desires, abilities and needs.
About the ideal Relief Support Worker
- Resilient, caring and emphatic with a focus on achieving a high level of quality service.
- Experience of working with people who have challenging behavior, mental health disorders, learning disabilities and dual-sensory loss or similar.
- Good standard of written English. GCSE level or equivalent.
- An awareness of deaf issues and the potential impact of these on individuals.
- To fully work within a shift rota system.
- A passion for providing support to deaf people with additional needs.
- Minimum of 2 references to cover a period of 5 years.
- Up to date DBS or willing to apply for one.
Recommend a friend scheme available of £50. Please contact us to find out more. We look forward to hearing from you.