Support Worker – Children with Learning Disabilities in Thornbury
About the job
Prospero Health and Social Care are looking for Children’s Support Workers. Our client is a provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities. They are currently looking for enthusiastic Support Workers to join a dynamic care team in a Residential setting.
About the Company:
- Our Client is dynamic and a fantastic place to work for, they have a positive approach towards the children and are surrounded by a unique setting.
- The school and homes support children and young people aged 6-19 years old with communication and learning difficulties.
- Training provided.
About the role as a Children’s Support Worker:
- Support service users in achieving positive and meaningful outcomes in line with person-centered plans.
- Contribute to the process of implementing and evaluating individual support plans, risk assessments etc.
- To arrange and participate in activities such as swimming, horse riding, walks etc.
- Promote and ensure the well-being of children and staff including the safe administration, monitoring and recording of medication.
- Keep care records up to date in line with Ofsted requirements and best practice.
About the ideal Children’s Support Worker:
- Resilient, caring and emphatic with a focus on achieving a high level of quality service.
- Level 2 Child Care diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 references to cover a period of 5 years.
- Up to date DBS or willing to apply for one.
Please apply if you are interested and would like to find out more or call Lily on 0117 428 0066. Recommend a friend scheme available of £50. Please contact us to find out more. We look forward to hearing from you.