BSL support worker
About the job
Prospero Health and Social Care is recruiting for BSL Support Worker who has experience supporting people with hearing impairments as well as learning difficulties, mental health and challenging behaviour.
The ideal BSL Support Worker Should
- Be a D/deaf BSL user or have British Sign Language level 1 – 3 and a positive attitude working with D/deaf adults.
- Work experience in relation to deafness is desirable.
Duties of the BSL Support Worker
- Support services users with LD/MH to live independently in a residential home and/or supported living flats.
- Ensuring the health and safety of service users is met at all times whilst complying with policies and procedures.
- Train and develop life skills where possible with service users.
What we require from the BSL Support Worker
- British Sign Language (BSL) Level 1 or higher
- 1 year’s recent care experience or 6 months recent care experience with a recognised qualification.
What Prospero Health & Social Care offers
- £10ph starting rates
- Great team to work with
- Free training
- Weekly pay
You can browse our other Support Worker jobs here.