Children’s Residential Support Worker
Salary: £12-£15 an hour
£60 per sleep
Are you looking to make a difference to a child’s life? Prospero is currently looking to recruit a hardworking and compassionate child support worker to assist in the everyday care of a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Childcare qualification (desirable, but not essential)
- Previous support work experience, preferably with children or young people
- The ability to be patient and respectful, but able to handle challenging behaviour and provide consistent support.
- Resilient and positive attitude
- A genuine passion to care for others
- Ability to work unsociable hours (evenings, nights and weekends)
- Long days 08am till 11pm & sleep
- 2 shifts on 4 shifts off
- Lots of overtime available
Duties will include:
- Assistance with dressing, personal hygiene, shopping and meal preparation.
- Promote education
- Providing excellent provision of Safe Care, Support and individual Care of Young People’s Health, Wellbeing and Development.
- Support individualised care plans
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Maintaining a safe and caring environment
- Undertake key-worker responsibilities
We are a social care recruitment company with over 20 years of experience. Our aim is to help people to change their lives for the better and supporting and helping those in need.
- LocationMerseyside, Sefton
- PositionChildren’s Residential Support Worker
- Type of workSupport Work
- Contract/position start date13/12/2021
- Full/Part timeFull and Part Time
- Minimum rate of pay£12 - £15 per hour