Children’s Residential Support Worker
Salary: £12-£15 an hour
£60 per sleep
Are you looking to make a difference to a child’s life? Prospero currently has an exciting new opportunity for a hardworking and empathetic child support worker. The role would consist of helping in the everyday living of a child with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Childcare qualification (desirable, but not essential)
- A genuine passion to care for others
- Resilient and positive attitude
- Previous support work experience, preferably with children or young people
- Ability to be compassionate and respectful, yet strong personality to handle challenging behavior and provide stable support.
- Ability to work unsociable hours (evenings, nights and weekends)
- Long days 08am till 11pm & sleep
- 2 shifts on 4 shifts off
- Lots of overtime available
Duties will include:
- Assistance with dressing, personal hygiene, shopping and meal preparation.
- Promotion of education
- Providing excellent provision of Safe Care, Support and individual Care of Young People’s Health, Wellbeing and Development.
- Support individualised care plans
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Maintaining a safe and caring environment
- Undertake key-worker responsibilities
We are a social care recruitment company with over 20 years of experience. Our aim is to help people to change their lives for the better and supporting and helping those in need.
- LocationMerseyside, Knowsley
- PositionChildren’s Residential Support Worker
- Type of workSupport Work
- Contract/position start date01/02/2022
- Full/Part timeFull and Part Time
- Minimum rate of pay£12 - £15 per hour