Children’s Support Worker – Banwell
About the job
About the Job
Prospero Health & Social Care are looking for Agency Support Workers who are looking for hours to suit your lifestyle in the Banwell area.
Our client is a Children’s residential home who provide care to children and young people aged 8-18 years who display challenging and emotional behaviours.
We are looking for relief support workers who are committed to providing the highest standard of care to these young adults. The successful candidates will have experience of working with young people with additional needs and challenging behaviour.
Support Worker Contract/Position Details:
- Location – Weston-Super-Mare/Banwell
- Position – Children’s Relief Support Worker
- Type of work – Supporting individuals with emotional and challenging behaviours
- Start date – ASAP
- Likely Duration – Ongoing agency cover
- Position end date – Unknown
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full-time potential
- Minimum rate of pay – £8ph
- Maximum rate of pay – £10ph
- Hours – Day/Late/Waking night shifts
Support worker Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Support individuals in line with their care plans
- You will need to have worked in an environment previously with individuals with EBD
- Up to date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Health and Social Care if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- You will need to have a calm and caring attitude
- You will need to have the ability to manage challenging behaviour
To be eligible for any support work with Prospero Health and Social Care you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you are a Support Worker and would like to be considered for this role, please apply below or call Lily on 0117 428 0066.
Prospero Health and Social Care is acting as an employment business recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Health and Social Care in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Health and Social Care is able to offer the successful Support Worker:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management