Children’s Support Worker (Agency) Weston-Super-Mare
About the job
About the Job
Prospero Health and Social Care are looking for Agency Children’s Support Workers to work evening shifts in a Residential home in Weston-super-Mare.
Our client is a unique provider of education and care for children and young people aged 6-18 years old with learning difficulties and disabilities. Their approach is unique and they believe one size doesn’t fit all and work around the needs of each child.
Support Worker Contract/Position Details:
- Location – Weston-Super-Mare
- Position – Agency childrens support worker
- Type of work – Supporting individuals with learning difficulties
- Start date – ASAP
- Likely Duration – Ongoing agency cover
- Position end date – Unknown
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full-time potential
- Minimum rate of pay – £10ph
- Maximum rate of pay – £11ph
- Hours – Day/Late/Waking night shifts
Support worker Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Develop good relationships with the individuals
- You will need to have worked in an environment previously with individuals with learning difficulties
- Up to date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Health and Social Care if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Actively encourage and support meaningful activities, including things such as shopping, budgeting, swimming, horse riding etc
- You will need to have the ability to manage challenging behaviour
- Supporting individuals to develop and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
To be eligible for any support work with Prospero Health and Social Care you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you are a Support Worker and would like to be considered for this role, please apply below or call Lily on 0117 428 0066.
Prospero Health and Social Care is acting as an employment business recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Health and Social Care in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Health and Social Care is able to offer the successful Support Worker:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management