About the Job
Prospero Health & Social Care are looking for Agency Support Workers who are looking to pick up extra shifts in the South Gloucestershire area. We have plenty of shifts available so the role can be as part-time or as full-time as you preferred.
Our Client is one of the biggest leading mental health charity in the area. They are also a housing association supporting people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless to help find suitable accommodation but primarily supporting adults in their own homes.
We are looking for support workers who are committed to providing the highest standard of care to service users. The successful candidates will have experience of working with adults with additional needs and mental health.
Support Worker Contract/Position Details:
- Location – South Gloucestershire
- Position – Agency Support Worker
- Type of work – Supporting individuals with learning difficulties and Mental Health
- Start date – ASAP
- Likely Duration – Ongoing agency cover
- Position end date – Unknown
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full-time potential
- Minimum rate of pay – £10ph
- Maximum rate of pay – £11ph
- Hours – Day shifts, Night Shifts
Support worker Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Experience in a support work/care environment
- Up-to-date mandatory training – Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Infection Prevention, Equality and Diversity, Autism training (all can be completed free with Prospero)
- Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Health and Social Care if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Health and Social Care Level 2 or 3 (desirable but not essential)
To be eligible for any support work with Prospero Health and Social Care you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional care related references.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Health and Social Care is acting as an employment business/social care recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Health and Social Care in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Health and Social care is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and other mandatory training
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationBristol, Weston Super Mare, Frome, Bridgewater, Burnham On Sea
- PositionMental Health Support Worker – South Gloucestershire
- Type of workSocial Care, Adult
- Contract/position start date08/02/2021