Salary: £9.50 – £13.00 PH
Job Type: Temp
About the role:
Are you seeking a rewarding and meaningful role within a friendly, dynamic setting? An exciting opportunity has become available for someone dedicated and passionate about helping the children who need it most. This role is based in a residential setting looking after vulnerable children and young people who need support care and love. The children have various different needs ranging from learning disabilities and mental health to challenging behaviours and social needs. Our client prides themselves on creating a loving homely environment and keeping every child’s specific needs at the heart of their approach to care. In this role no two days will be the same as you will play an active part in every aspects of the children’s day to day lives. Your responsibilities will range from cleaning and cooking, helping dress and clean children, to assisting with days out and activities.
As an ideal candidate for this role you will be comfortable and competent in this setting or similar. You will have experience supporting vulnerable children and be confidently able to deal with the sometimes challenging and complex needs of the child. You can adapt well in unpredictable or sensitive situations and will have an empathetic and caring nature. You will be enthusiastic in your approach with children and be striving to deliver the highest quality of life as possible; understanding the importance of implementing positive experiences in their day to day life.
- Experience working in this setting or similar.
- Experience working with children.
- NVQ Level 3 in health and social or equivalent in children and young people
- Full UK driving licence and currently driving.
- Must be available for 2-3 shifts minimum a week.
- Must be available to complete sleep shifts and be available weekdays and weekends.
- Salary ranging from £9.50 – £13.00 Per Hour.
- Flexible working hours available and a mixture of day and night shifts
- Free online and ongoing professional training and support
- LocationDenbighshire, Denbigh
- PositionResidential Children’s Support Worker
- Type of workHealth & Social Care
- Contract/position start date25/10/2021
- Full/Part timeFlexible hours. Mixture of day and night shifts
- Minimum rate of pay£9.50 - £13.00 per hour
You will possess relevant experience in this setting or similar. You will be striving to deliver the highest quality life for the children as possible. You can adapt well in unpredictable or sensitive situations and have an empathetic and caring nature.