Role: Residential Care Officer
Location: To work as directed in various Children’s Homes throughout the organisation (Liverpool)
Shift Pattern: 9am until 9pm day and 9pm until 9am Waking night.
Salary: £9.50 – £10 per hour
Purpose of the role:
To provide caring and supportive behavioural management services to children and young people accommodated in the various Children’s Homes.
To practice in accordance with The Children’s Home Quality Standards & Regulations 2015, relevant Department of Health Guidance, Home Office Regulations and the Company Policies and Procedures.
Post holders will be required to work a minimum of 36 hours per week 12-hour shifts, including waking nights and weekends on a rota basis.
Areas of Responsibility include:
- To contribute to the day-to-day functioning of the Children’s Home in order to meet the individual and collective needs of the children and young people using this resource.
- To develop and maintain good joint working partnerships with young people.
- To ensure that the services offered to young people within the Home are effectively provided and reflect the decisions in child care plans, which are consistent with Department of Health, Home Office and the Company’s policies and procedures. This should be supported by accurate and up-to-date record keeping.
Qualifications and Training:
Preferable, but not essential:
- Nationally recognised professional qualification in Social Work
- Diploma Level 3 Caring for Children and Young People in Residential Childcare
- Nationally recognised professional qualification in Youth Work
- Nationally recognised qualification in a related Social Science
- Demonstrate commitment to pursuing additional training & development.
- Evidence of continued professional / personal development.
- Experience of direct work with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- LocationMerseyside, Liverpool
- PositionSupport Worker
- Type of workSupport Work
- Contract/position start date23/08/2021
- Full/Part timeFull Time
- Minimum rate of pay£9.50 - £10 per hour
*Experience of direct work with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.